Shawn Gritz has been practicing law for over 25 years throughout the State of Maryland, the District of Columbia and the Federal Courts in both jurisdictions. Shawn practices several areas of law, including criminal defense, DWI/DUI and traffic defense, personal injury and estate administration, while also serving as a court-appointed mediator and arbitrator.
Shawn graduated from the University of Maryland in 1987 with a Bachelor of Science Degree in Business Management with a minor in Economics. He received his Juris Doctor Degree in 1993 from the University of Baltimore School of Law.
Professional Memberships and Associations
- Maryland Court of Appeals
- District of Columbia Court of Appeals
- United States District Court for the District of Maryland
- United States District Court for the District of Columbia
- Maryland State Bar Association
- Maryland Criminal Defense Attorneys Association
- Maryland Associate for Justice
- Bar Association of Montgomery County, Maryland
- Maryland Program for Mediator Excellence
- Panel Mediator – District Court of Maryland for Montgomery County
- 2002 – Attorney of the Year – Access Maryland Project, Maryland Trial Lawyers Association
- University of Baltimore Law Forum, Business Editor 1993.
- Super lawyers
- Recent Development: King v. St. Vincent’s Hospital: Members of the Armed Forces Retain the Right to Civilian Reemployment